selection and refinement

selection and refinement
oct 1, 2019
Lucas Bierens
OBDF 110

During the peer to peer critique I was a able to select which of my designs were the most effective. I landed on the mashup of a table and an enlarged washroom sign. My peers saw this design as a simple yet effective way to depict a new type of furniture. In the end design I was influenced by my peers interest in bright colours.




My final design included a set of complementary chairs that integrated a modern stop sign into the furniture set. I chose to shade the signs in a blue tone to emphasis the juxtaposition of easily recognizable colours and shapes like a red stop sign. For the other parts of the furniture pieces I coloured in a white and reflective texture. This elevated the objects into a highly decorative piece that bring a lot of visual interest in a space. Remixing the uses of universally recognizable signs into pieces of decorative pieces of furniture was a delight to create. 

:)





Comments